2013; A Jar Full of Memories - Opened!

31 Dec 2013


Back on the 20th January this year I posted about a memory jar that I was creating. The idea was to fill the jar with memories from my year, so that on New Years Eve I could open it and relive the happy moments of the year gone by. I'm not gonna lie, this was a hard task to keep up with. I often forgot about it for a few weeks and would then do a 'catch up' and add a few memories all at once. But regardless of my slight cheating, I'm so glad I decided to do it. It was really fun to open all the notes today and remember so many great moments that I probably would have otherwise forgotten.

All in all, I had 102 memories in my jar! I was quite surprised I'd written down quite so many. Here's a few of my favourite memories for the more nosy of you ;):


I did love having this memory jar all year, but I've decided I'm not going to do it for 2014. Instead I'm going to do my own take on the 'a photo a day' craze. I attempted taking a photo a day a few years ago, and failed after a month. This time however, with my newfound enthusiasm for photography, I'm sure I'll succeed. Instead of just uploading the pictures to Instagram/Facebook however, I'm going to print them out and create my own Project Life scrapbook. If you don't know what Project Life is, its an amazing way to scrapbook with ease. Elsie from A Beautiful Mess has an amazing book here. This way it ties into my goal of printing out more photos rather than just keeping them online.

Have you kept any memory jars/books/photos this year? I'd love to see yours. :) I hope you all have a wonderful new year too!

Aimée
Xxxx

4 comments :

  1. This is the cutest idea ever!! I usually record little clips throughout the school year an put them all together in a video in the summer :) I do alot of scrap booking as well, I love memory keeping!!
    Beyond Bally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a photo a day but I honestly couldn't keep up ! Plus I don't have a printer and like you say I would rather that than just online things. I have a few ideas of my own to do though including possibly a jar of memories ! I love reading your blog !
    Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool idea (: I love coming across little bits and pieces that stir up a memory, and this is a great way to make sure those memories are never forgotten (:

    www.madeleineslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh Aimee I love both ideas so much!! The photo a day idea is so so beautiful <3 I imagine it will be amazing to look back on!
    Happy New Year :D

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete