My 2013 Beauty Favourites.

4 Jan 2014


This past year has been full of new and exciting products that I've tried and tested. Whittling down my favourites was a hard task, and even now I feel like I have wayy too many products in the picture above! But, I'm the sort of person who will always give a top 5 rather than just one favourite. I just can't do it, I have too much love to give! (DISCLAIMER: This is a long post, so grab a cuppa and get comfy!)

All of these products I use on a weekly, if not daily basis - as you can probably tell from my empty No.7 Hot Cloth Cleanser, which I've just figured out I bought way back in April! Definitely good value for money there. As I have so many products to talk about, I'm only going to write a mini-review, otherwise we'll be here till next year. So let's get cracking!


Blusher is one of my favourite beauty products, so choosing one was tricky! But the Sleek Rose Gold blush is just so beautiful, and gives a lovely healthy glow to the cheeks. Its so easy to blend and the slight shimmer makes it great for night time too. (Full review here). Second, is the best foundation I've found all year. A good base is paramount and the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation gives a flawless finish. It glides on so easily, and leaves me with a healthy glow all day. To apply my foundation, my favourite brush of 2013 is the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. I'm genuinely not sure how I applied foundation before this now! It blends out foundation really well, literally buffing it into the skin.

Fourth, is a nail polish! I change up my nail polish ALOT. Especially for the different seasons. However, Essie's Cocktail Bling is a shade I can wear all throughout the year when I'm looking for something slightly more neutral. The consistency is brilliant and I can go chip-free for at least 4-5 days! A winner in my eyes! (Full review here). Number 5 will come as no surprise to fellow beauty bloggers. The cult favourite Lasting Perfection Concealer from Collection has shunted all other concealers from my make-up bag. It has such high coverage, and keeps me concealed all day long. Literally love this. Sixth, the Bourjois Délice de Soleil Bronzing Powder has been a firm favourite with me. It gives a lovely sun-kissed sheer glow, and I love the packaging as I can use the big mirror when travelling.

Seventh, is the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent. This is my second pan of the product as I love it so much. It sets my make-up so well, and leaves my face matte all day. Number 8, is an eyeshadow that I became obsessed with! The Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze is such a fuss-free option for those busy mornings! You don't even need a brush, perfect for travelling! (Full review here). Onto a lip product now, and my Clinique Chubby Stick in Roomiest Rose. I love how easy to apply the product is, and how well it lasts on your lips. Its a subtle colour that is buildable, so its perfect for day to night wear. (Full review here).

There's only one mascara in my life that does it for me at the moment, and that's the Maybelline Mega Plush Volum' Express. It lengthens my eyelashes and makes me feel 10 times more awake than I actually am! Its not flaky at all, and only needs a few coats! The Lush Lip Scrub in Mint Julips is the best thing that's happened to my lips all year. They feel so smooth and supple after using the scrub and it makes wearing lipsticks so much easier. Twelth is another lip product, this time Topshop's Rio Rio. I love the formula of this lipstick, as although its a matte finish it goes on so smoothly and sits really comfortably on the lips. Its a great statement red. Another brush at 13, is my MAC 217. This is my favourite brush to use for blending eyeshadow, as its so fluffy and soft.

Talking about eyeshadow, my favourite palette this year has been the Stila In The Light Palette. All the shades are so blendable and really highly pigmented. My favourite shade in the palette is definitely Kitten, and I've hit pan recently! Ahh! For eyeliner, I love any that makes cat flicks easier for me. So the Revlon ColourStay Liquid Eye Pen has been my saviour this year! It works like a felt tip pen, making it super easy to use! It also stays put all day long. Finally, my all time favourite highlighter is the MAC Mineralise Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle. I have tried other highlighters this year but I always go back to this. It gives such a beautiful subtle glow, and lasts for absolutely ages!


Aside from make-up, I've also been loving my No.7 Hot Cloth Cleanser. At only £10 this is such good value for money, and cleanses your face so well leaving you feeling clean and fresh. At 18, is the best nail polish remover. The Bourjois Dissolvant makes taking off nail polish a doddle, and is much less messy than the traditional methods! REN make the ultimate face mask to me. The Gycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask leaves my skin feeling renewed and super soft. I love using it whilst I'm having a bath; the ultimate pamper evening! Now onto the last product of my favourites (phew!), the L'Oréal Skin Perfection Micellar Solution. This is probably the best product that's happened to my skin this year. Before this I was just using face wipes to remove my make-up - sue me, I know! But now, my face feels thoroughly cleansed and clean and I definitely don't have as many breakouts as I used to!

So that's it, I apologise for the EXTREME length of this post! I mayyy have gotten a tadge carried away, so if you made it to the end I salute you! What's been your favourite product of 2013? :)

Aimée
Xxxx

3 comments :

  1. Some great picks there! x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the L'Oreal Skin Perfection Micellar Solution yet, but everyone says that it is awesome! :D

    www.amiciarai.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading this, already added a few products to my WL :) I'm also very happy that I found your blog, I really like it :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete