Review: Topshop Matte Nail Polish in Cryptic

3 Dec 2013


Red nails have never really been my thing. I've always found them too garish, too vampish and definitely would never have thought they'd of been on my nails. However, matte nail polishes are a revelation to me. Thinking back my main issue with red nails was always the glossy finish, but with a matte finish they're much more understated.

Topshop have a great range of matte polishes which are really affordable and a great quality. I also really love the packaging which has almost 'frosted-glass' sides and a clear window stating the finish of the polish. As a matte finish, the polish dries a lot quicker than regular nail polishes. I don't find it lasts as long, although I do feel this may be due to the lack of top coat. You can actually buy a Matte finish top coat from Topshop but as yet I haven't felt the need for it.

The shade is a lovely bright red which feels really festive, great for this time of year! However, I'm sad to say you can't actually buy this polish anymore! I didn't realise until writing this post that the polish was part of the Limited Edition A/W Collection The Damned. After having a look on the Topshop website though there is a great range of matte polishes out, including Bad Orchid which is a great plummy purple for Autumn/Winter.

What're your thoughts on matte nails?

Aimée
Xxxx

2 comments :

  1. I completely agree with you on red nails being garish. I have such a hard time wearing them, but this looks great. Definitely going to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like matte nail polishes, Barry M have some lovely ones. I very rarely wear red - I tend to stick to lighter shades :) x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete