Weekly Highlights. #17

29 Mar 2014

L-R: Birthday Cake, Photostrips, Birthday Selfie, Monmouth Coffee, Birthday Boy, Monmouth, Marble Cakes, Moroccan Chicken Tagine, Aubergine Amazing-ness, Cake!, Les Mis.  
This week has been one of my best weeks in a very long time. :) It was my favourite boys Birthday, I went to the theatre and most importantly I had a SUCCESSFUL job interview! All of the excitement - it was hard to choose three highlights!

But here they are:

1. As an avid baker, Birthday Cakes are simultaneously really exciting to create and really stressful as the perfectionist inside me comes to play. I was pretty happy with Craig's cake though. I attempted the 'petal technique' which is ALL over Pinterest and it actually worked! I've got a full post about it tomorrow, so check back if you're interested :)

2. For Craig's birthday dinner me and our best friend Joe made a literally amazing feast. Though I can't take full credit, as in reality I was Joe's sous chef! We made a morrocan chicken tagine with rice and an aubergine side dish. The pictures above really don't do it all justice which is rather annoying, becuase it was soo tasty. The aubergine was so soft, and the chicken literally fell off the bone. So damn good. 

3. Finally and most importantly for me, is something I haven't really spoken about at all on the blog but for some time now I have been out of work. But this week after many many interviews I've finally been given the one yes that I needed and I start work next week in an industry which really excites me! YAY. I am literally beyond happy. :) 

So thats my week, I hope you've all had a delightful week too and are now enjoying the beaut weather this weekend!

Aimée
Xxxx

6 comments :

  1. Ooo good week then ! Hope there are more good ones to come !
    Eb x
    Thefearlessfox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the job, that's great news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much FOOD! Love it!

    And congrats on the job, delighted for you :) xx

    http://rainydaycupcake93.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I am literally such a foodie!!

      Thank you soo much :)!! xxx

      Delete