Review | Max Factor Colour X-Pert Waterproof Eyeliner

29 Dec 2012


For about the past 3/4 years I've been a gel eyeliner addict. After struggling with liquid eyeliner as a teenager, the addition of gel eyeliner to my make-up bag was a godsend. However, in the past few months I've begun to re-attempt using liquid eyeliner and I've actually really enjoyed it! I love the look and shine liquid eyeliners give, and with abit of practice I've gotten the knack down. Result! Therefore, I was very happy to unwrap this eyeliner from my sister on Christmas day!

The Max Factor Colour X-Pert Waterproof Eyeliner is actually amazing! There's no two ways about it, I really love it! I have it in Metallic Anthracite, which is pretty much a shimmery grey! Its such a beautiful colour, and a really nice change from the generic black that I would usually always wear. It really makes the eyes shine, without looking like you're too dolled up.


The actual application of the product is made really easy, as the applicator is quite spongey in texture and tapered to a thin point. This makes creating both a thin and thick line really simple. It also dries really quickly, and then quite literally won't budge all day. Even when using a make-up wipe to remove it at the end of the day, it takes a fair bit of scrubbing! Definitely a winning attribute in my eyes.


The eyeliner comes in quite a few different metallic colours, as well as the standard black if you're just looking for a new make-up staple. I'd definitely recommend checking it out :) 

Have any of you tried this eyeliner before? :)

Aimée
Xxxx

4 comments :

  1. This sounds like good stuff and I feel like we had the EXACT same problem. I gave up with liquid eye liners as soon as I discovered gel liner, but I've recently bought a couple of liquid eye liners to test the waters again, I found it much easier this time around but it really started to sting after a while. I might pick up some of this as it sounds far better than the ones I bought!

    http://www.youremyfavouriteflavour.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we've literally had the exact same problem! haha I've noticed some stinging from different brands aswell! I guess the eye is so sensitive that you've really got to find the right brand! I hope this one works for you :) Xx

      Delete
  2. I normally opt for felt tip eyeliners because they're easier to control. I can't be bothered with using a brush for gel eyeliner and I'm absolutely hopeless with liquid liner :p This looks lovely on you though, and the colour seems perfect for someone that doesn't want to go for black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried a felt tip eyeliner! I might give that a try :) Yeah, the colour is so good! I don't know why I've never opted for a colour other than black before! Thanks :) Xx

      Delete