STOP PRESS: Products I actually emptied...

1 Feb 2013


I feel I can speak for most of us when I say that actually finishing a product is a momentous occasion. One that hardly ever happens and should be exclaimed for all to know. As confessed addicts to buying superfluous amounts of beauty products its quite a feat actually finishing a singular product and for me personally I get bored of using the same things. Regardless, here I am with some 'empties' and I thought I'd share this one-off occasion with you!

Lee Stafford: Blow Dry Your Hair Faster Spray; This spray found its way into my possession so long ago I can't even remember. Its meant to make blow drying your hair quicker, which with my thick long hair sounded like a godsend. It also has a heat protecting agent in the product which is a plus. At the time that I was using the spray I never noticed a drastic difference in the time it took me to dry my hair, but it did seem to de-tangle my  hair slightly and obviously protect it from the heat. This on its own wasn't enough for me to consider re-purchasing, and since finishing the bottle I haven't really noticed that my hair takes any longer to dry. So my verdict? It definitely doesn't do what it says on the tin for my hair.

Aussie: 3 Minute Miracle Luscious Long Deep Treatment; As with all Aussie products you know the quality is going to be brilliant. I used this once every 3 days on my hair, and I did notice an improvement in the condition of it. It felt smooth, soft and really healthy. It also made my hair smell great! I do really like this product, but it wasn't Holy Grail material and I'm still on the lookout for the perfect conditioning treatment. Its definitely worth having as a back-up though.

Lee Stafford: I Hate My Hair The Day Its Washed Solution Spray; I bought this at the same time as the first spray mentioned, and again it was a product that sounded amazing. The day my hair is washed it's usually full of frizz and quite hard to style. This product claimed to calm all that and for the most part it did. Until, I found hair oils. Nothing can beat a hair oil on my hair, especially my Ojon Rare Blend Oil (Review HERE) which I love. This is a good product, but I would say that hair oils are much better if you were looking for a smoothing style product.

Topshop: Nail Varnish Remover Wipes; This is a pretty boring product, but I thought I'd include it anyway. I bought this quite a while ago and only really finished it because it was the only nail varnish remover I could find in the house. I actually really don't like these, the wipes are so saturated with remover that they really sting if you accidentally get them in a cut on your fingers! Not your average review comment, but I always seem to be cutting my fingers by accident! The wipes really didn't work very well either, and would take me ages to completely get all nail varnish off. I much prefer the Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover that I mentioned in my December favourites, so much less hassle!

Lee Stafford: Hair Growth Treatment; I feel like this post has been quite negative, but this product I actually really do like! (Hooray! I hear you say!) Its targeted at people who are trying to grow their hair but notice that it never grows past a certain length. My hair literally just stopped for about a month, until I used this treatment and I noticed a real improvement. You only need a small amount every time you apply the product so it really does last quite a while. I haven't repurchased just yet, but I definitely will be re-investing as I really did notice the effects.

Dermalogica: CleanStart Welcome Matte Spf15; This is a moisturiser that I received in my October Glossy Box, that came in a set with a toner and foaming wash (Review HERE). I hated the toner and wash, as they made me completely break out, but I really liked the moisturiser. It made my skin soft and supple without feeling like it was weighed down. It really is a nice product, but since then I have found better moisturisers so I won't be repurchasing. Also, call me odd, but I didn't really want to buy a singular product out of a set, it just felt odd.

So that was crazy long, but I hope it helped you if you were intending on buying any of these products yourself. Let me know if you struggle to finish products too?!

Aimée
Xxxx

9 comments :

  1. i love that lee stafford treatment, i've been using it for years!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Aussie products but I've never tried Lee Stafford for years. I'd love to try the Argan Oil range :)

    www.dusterknuckles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aussie products are brilliant :) Yeah, I've been thinking of trying the Argan Oil range too :) Xx

      Delete
  3. I find it really hard finishing products too! It's one of my resolutions this year to finish things! I really want to try that Lee Stafford hair Growth treatment now, great review!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thats a good resolution to have! :) Definitely try it, it is really good :)Thanks :) xx

      Delete
  4. I absolutely take forever to finish off products, though I do go through shampoo and face creams much quicker than makeup items. I am curious to try more Dermalogica products but I've heard such mixed reviews - and I'm not sure how my skin would react to them. They are quite pricey as well which is why I've never been particularly motivated to buy :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah completely! Although, I do go through mascara's relatively quickly if I really like them! Haha, yeah they are pretty pricey! For me personally they really haven't worked well at all, so I can't say I'll be trying any new Dermalogica products anytime soon! Xx

      Delete
  5. Yay! I really enjoyed this post because I can actually find all of these products here in South Africa!!! :)
    I get so envious when I see all these blog posts raving on about all these fantastic products that I'd have to order to try out, but all of these I can grab from the shops here! Thank you! :)

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete