Review | Maybelline Colour Tattoo Cream Gel Eyeshadow

5 Apr 2013


I love the way eye-shadow can change a make-up look and it can look so pretty when done really well. But, I have to be honest I'm not amazing at eye-shadow and I do struggle a bit. Especially when I've got to leave the house in a rush - I would generally just not wear any but recently I've been feeling  like my eyes are lacking something.

I'd heard a lot about the Maybelline Colour Tattoo eye-shadows and being a cream gel formula I thought they'd be the perfect quick fix I'd been looking for. Naturally, I couldn't just buy one to try - so I picked up the cute pots in 35-On and On Bronze, 65-Pink Gold and 85-Light In Purple. They're only £4.99 each and they're pretty much always on a 3 for 2 offer in Boots so you can't really complain!

The texture of the eye-shadows are really nice, they feel so smooth and really glide onto the lid. The product is really pigmented too so you don't need to use a lot for each application. I dot the shadow across my lid before blending it out slightly.

As I expected On and On Bronze is my favourite so far, but I think that's partly due to it being the most neutral shade making it an everyday staple for me.

On and On Bronze
I think its a really pretty brown, without being too dark. The colour lasts really well all day and doesn't crease at all. Sorry for the really bright light in the swatch pictures by the way, I was sitting by the window and didn't realise quite how light it was until I came to write this post!

Pink Gold
Pink Gold gives a much subtler colour pay-off, but I quite enjoy that. Its a really feminine look so would look great in the spring (if we ever get warmer weather!) with a summery dress.

Light In Purple
I bought Light In Purple with an eye to using it more for evening looks, I think the colour just looks SO pretty sitting in the pan. I do really like it, but I think its my least favourite of the three. In saying that I have only had the shades for a couple of weeks so its early days yet.

If you are looking for a simple/quick eye-shadow look that you can guarantee will last you the day then look no further. These are really great, especially for the price! There is quite a wide range of shades, so I may have another look now I know they work so well for me.

Let me know if you've tried any of the other shades, any recommendations? I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! :)

Aimée
Xxxx


3 comments :

  1. The pink gold color looks super pretty! I love how it has a touch of pink but still looks natural

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all 3 look lovely! Even though it's your least favourite, the purple one looks pretty in an almost two-tone way and I like it!! I'm more of a neutrals girl too though so despite how pretty it looks, no doubt my favourite on me would be On and On Bronze too :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a lovely shades :) have couple of them, want to get that Pink Gold, looks like a super nice color ;)x


    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete