Review | NARS Isolde Duo

17 Apr 2013

Please ignore my unkempt brows!

The other day I was a naughty girl and I popped my NARS cherry. It was a brilliant moment and I have no regrets. (My bank balance might have something to say about it though.)

I've revered NARS for a while now, but just never decided on my perfect purchase - until I spotted the Isolde eyeshadow duo. I'd seen so many brilliant reviews of it, and with NARS I definitely knew I wanted one of their eyeshadows in my collection as they are just so beautiful. Isolde seemed the perfect shades that I could wear from day to night, so I popped along to Selfridges and had a little splurge.

Even the packaging with NARS is lovely; although I completely get what everyone says about the black case getting dirty really easily. Bit annoying, but its hardly going to stop me buying more NARS products! The eyeshadow itself is just so lovely, quite shimmery but not in a disco ball way and SO super pigmented. You really don't need to use a lot of product, which definitely helps justify the price tag!

I've been enjoying using the lighter shade all over the lid with the darker shade in the crease and outer corners of my eye. I find the MAC 217 is a really great brush to use for this - also a recent purchase which I'm loving! I haven't worn the shadow with a primer yet, and to be honest I don't think I'll ever need to. It doesn't crease on me at all and quite literally stays put all day. Brilliant shadow to use for a day out that rolls into the evening.

The shade is a really pretty warm coppery gold, and I think it would really compliment most complexions. The actual texture of the shadow is super soft and light - (it coats your brush with only the lightest dab into the pan, so be careful you don't coat your brush too much) making blending the product really easy.

I really love that the shadow is a duo, it feels better value for money and its really handy having two complimenting shades together. Definitely a go-to for travelling and quick looks in the morning. The only bad thing I could say about the product is that its made me want more NARS products!! I mean really, why are they so pretty?

Have you got any suggestions for NARS products for me? I might create a wishlist to curb the spending...;)

Aimée
Xxxx

3 comments :

  1. Oh its so pretty! I'm going to be popping my NARS cherry soon too x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god that is just so beautiful!! The NARS temptation is getting too much haha...

    xx

    hollyamberrio.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try some more NARS products but do agree with the bank balance thing :P wish lists are the way forward heheee

    xxx

    http://sarahslittlegems.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete