My Signature Scent?

27 Jun 2013


I don't know about you, but I've been on the lookout for my 'signature scent' for quite some time now. I'm not a massive perfume collector, I only have four in my possession - and even that's pushing it as my Daisy by Marc Jacobs is definitely on its last legs, I'm just in denial! But, although I do like to mix up my perfumes from day to day I've always been looking for my perfect perfume. The one that I'll repeat buy year after year and will become 'my scent'. I think I may have found it in L'eau de Chloé!

This was such an impulse buy (which I generally find to be the best!) when I was waiting at Heathrow airport before my holiday to the big apple. I hadn't brought any perfume with me, as my current favourite is Dot by Marc Jacobs (I'm a fan if you couldn't tell ;)!) and if you've seen it I'm sure you'll know what I mean when its an awkward thing to pack! The bottle is just so big and such an awkward shape, so I settled for a Ted Baker Body Spritz instead! Anyway, ramble over - when I was perusing the shelves, (credit to the boyfriend here!) Craig pulled me over to the Chloé stand and I instantly loved this! Its floral but in a really fresh way! My favourite kind of smell! It was bought and I've literally been loving it ever since!

The perfume is described as featuring: sparkling citrus accords reminiscent of refreshing lemonade, accords of rose petals and natural distilled rose water that give a dewy character to the fragrance, and warm and elegant veil provided by patchouli.

It all sounds rather fancy! To me, its a perfect scent for spring/summer as its quite a light citrusy floral - really fresh and crisp. It was launched in February last year as a new take on the original classic Chloé Eau de Parfum and remains in the signature shaped bottle complete with pretty bow. This time however the perfume is a really lovely light green - being my favourite colour this is just another reason why I love this scent!

The only downside to this perfume it that doesn't have the longest staying power so for all day use a few top ups are required which obviously isn't great if you're going from day to evening and not retuning home! This also isn't great considering the price tag - but as I love the scent so much I think I'm willing to overlook it!

Let me know if you've tried this perfume and what you thought! :)

Aimée
Xxxx

2 comments :

  1. Omg - aside from Benefit's Carmella, both Daisy and Chloe are my all time favourites! Adore them both equally but haven't had any Chloe is so long, sad times :(

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the original and love it, Daisy by Marc Jacobs is also wonderful. Whenever I'm in Boots or any place that sells perfume I always try this one and I'm always left wanting it but I feel like it would be silly to have both.

    xo Natasha
    The Night is Wild

    ReplyDelete